Our service technicians are not trained to test the air quality in your home, nor do they have the proper equipment to do so. Contact your local fire department and evacuate your home.
Yes. Carbon Monoxide is a natural byproduct of combustion. During normal combustion, each atom of carbon in the burning fuel joins with two atoms of oxygen, forming a harmless gas called Carbon Dioxide (CO2). When there is a lack of oxygen to ensure complete combustion of the fuel, each atom of carbon links up with only one atom of oxygen, forming carbon monoxide (CO) gas, a colorless, odorless, and toxic gas. Any fuel-burning appliance that is not adequately vented and maintained can be a potential source of Carbon Monoxide (CO).
The most important safeguard against CO risks is a properly working Carbon Monoxide detector. Battery-operated Carbon Monoxide detectors are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. They may be purchased at almost any store that sells home supplies.
Fumes or oil smells coming from your system are not normal and may indicate several things about your system:
If there is a leak in your oil tank, this could pose a serious problem to your drinking water, soil, etc. To see if you have a leak, check for signs of pooling, strange taste or odor in your water, a sharp rise in your oil bill, or signs of rust or corrosion. If any of these problems occur, immediately contact customer service to get a service person out to your home to repair the leak quickly and efficiently.
We have developed a close relationship with various service and repair companies across our service area. If we can’t provide you with answers and heating solutions to your problem, we will refer you to one of our trusted service partners.
Yes. Follow the suggestions below.